Job Announcement: Borderlands Restoration Leadership Institute Director of Administrative Support Services
We are looking for a dynamic colleague to help us implement and grow BRLI by taking on the lead responsibility for providing, directly and through a team of administrative specialists, a broad range of administrative services in support of our programs and services. The Director of Administrative Support Services is one of two positions that report directly to the Institute Director, the other being the Director of Business Development. If you are the successful candidate you will be working in an innovative organizational structure that includes: a non-profit and social for-profit entity; additional partner organizations; a program group of faculty and field staff drawn from BRLI partners and elsewhere who both do the work and teach the work; and a development group to expand existing public and private grants, individual and corporate donations, private investments, and, increasingly, earned income.
The ideal candidate for the BRLI Director of Administrative Support Services will have:
* A strong commitment to the BRLI vision
* A desire to work in an organizational culture that values a diverse workforce; collaboration and partnership; distributed leadership and decision-making; and supporting employees to learn, grow, and be compensated fairly for their contributions
* A baccalaureate level education and experience in a discipline relevant to the administrative aspects of our work
* Experience with the preparation of organizational budgets and management of financial resources
* Experience with human resources management, risk management and grants management
* Experience in non-profit management including knowledge of IRS regulations governing 501(c)3 tax-exempt organizations
* Interest in joining the BRLI faculty to teach administrative skills to students preparing to become the next generation of leaders building a restoration-based economy
* Strong people skills and supervisory experience
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
We will negotiate an initial salary and benefit package with the selected candidate. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse cultural and racial backgrounds. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English are also particularly encouraged. We hope to have the Director of Administrative Support Services doing great work for us in the spring of 2017.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please check out the BRLI website www.borderlandsinstitute.org, then send your resume and cover letter to the Chair of the Hiring Committee, c/o email@example.com. Please put your name and Director of Administrative Support Services in the subject line.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcome all interested parties to apply.
We sincerely thank all those who apply; however, we will acknowledge receipt of applications only for those considered for an interview.
Summary Description: This position is responsible for the provision and coordination of a broad range of administrative services in support of the Borderlands Restoration Leadership Institute and its partners.
Reports to: Institute Director
Geographic Location: This position is based out of Patagonia, AZ. Employee must be located in Patagonia or close enough to be physically in Patagonia throughout the work week and occasionally for some weekends during program execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, coordinates and, where appropriate, provides to partner entities, a range of administrative services that includes bookkeeping, accounting, human resource management, risk management, development support and grants management;
2. Depending on background and experience, may initially provide some direct administrative support services. As the BRLI program grows requiring more administrative support the Director will shift any direct administrative support to other members of his/her team
3. Participates, as a BRLI faculty member, in developing curricula and teaching elements of courses or workshops on the business management sides of building a restoration economy.
4. Hires, supervises, mentors and evaluates the performance of administrative staff;
5. Assists ID in the preparation of annual budgets for approval by the Institute Council/Executive Committee and the governing bodies of BHN and BR;
6. Develops policies and procedures to manage all administrative functions and provides staff with training and support to implement same;
7. Develops and implements a plan for risk management of BHN and assists partners in doing likewise (to include safety policies and procedures, appropriate insurance coverage and legal expertise);
8. Develops and implements methods for the regular system-wide evaluation of administrative services provided to BRLI partners and ascertains the need for additional services;
9. Assists the governing boards in arranging for independent audits of financial records;
10. Secures, manages and maintains facilities needed and used by BRLI.
11. Models the collaboration that is a hallmark of BRLI operations.
Requisite Education and Experience
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, HR or closely related field.
2. At least seven (7) years’ relevant experience, at least two of which included experience in a role that involved significant supervisory responsibilities.
3. Experience in non-profit management including knowledge of IRS regulations governing 501(c)3 tax-exempt organizations.
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcome all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply; however, we will acknowledge receipt of applications only for those considered for an interview.