Borderlands Restoration L3C
Site Assessment Packages
Borderlands Restoration L3C offers a full complement of services in the assessment, design, planning and implementation of restoration, permaculture and water harvesting projects on public and private lands. From landscape scale fire planning and woody shrub removal, to large and small scale creek and wetland restoration, upland and arroyo erosion control, commercial and residential scale water harvesting and permaculture projects, we have the expertise and personnel to bring successful projects to fruition.
Assessment and Preliminary Design Work
The assessment and preliminary design work needed to develop options for a landowner or land manager are important first steps. This work will identify issues and provide potential solutions, listed in a detailed plan that includes: estimated costs, project phasing opportunities, timelines, logistical considerations, and cost/benefit analysis. In addition we can help landowners and managers in the identification of potential funding sources.
Story of Place Consultations: a specialist will read your landscape, whether a backyard or a rangeland – what are the issues degrading the physical environment and habitat: where is water flowing, is there erosion, how can we best support habitat for plants & animals.
Design and Implementation
After the preliminary assessment and design work, and consultation with the landowner a final design will be produced that will achieve the landowner’s goals, all permits will be secured and planning for implementation will commence.
A crew of restoration specialists then can install erosion-control structures, construct wildlife ponds and ramps, conduct native species habitat improvements, invasive species removal, passive rainwater harvesting, plant native gardens, conduct woody plant thinning, and install fenced enclosures and exclosures.
- Preliminary Site Assessment and Consultation -$250 flat fee (standard sized project)
- Assessment and Design -$85/hour (typically $3500 – $7000)
- Planning and Implementation -$50/hour (typically $2500-$5000)
- Five Person crew of Restoration Specialists -$1000/day
Representative projects include:
- Babocomari River Restoration Project –geomorphic and vegetative restoration of eroded drainages and upland areas (private land, private foundation funding)
- Harshaw Creek Restoration Project – geomorphic and vegetative restoration of eroded drainages and upland areas (private land, public agency funding)
- Deep Dirt Farm Institute –permaculture food production and geomorphic and vegetative restoration of eroded drainages and upland areas (private land, private funding)
- Altar Valley Restoration Project –fire planning and geomorphic and vegetative restoration of eroded drainages and upland areas (public and private land, public and private funding)
- Cloverdale Creek and Ciénegas Restoration Project – geomorphic and vegetative restoration of eroded drainages and wetlands (private land, public agency and foundation funding)
- El Coronado Ranch –pollinator plant restoration (private land, public agency funding)